
The word ‘dedication’ in Hebrew means,
“to be holy, to set apart to consecrate.”
In Greek it means,
“to set apart, to make new.”
"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord." - I Samuel 1:27-28
"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord." - I Samuel 1:27-28
On May 30, 2010 we officially dedicated our sweet Noah to the Lord. It meant so much to make this dedication because God has been with us in every moment leading up to when Noah was placed into our arms as well as with us during the difficult path we were chosen to go down.
“Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it.” - Proverbs 22:6
We were so excited and happy to celebrate this day. We promise to put God at the center of our home and we will invest time, devotion and prayer to help him develop a relationship with God. The three of us will walk with Christ together. I pray that we can be a good example to him to be godly parents. God has chosen us to be Noah’s mom and dad and for that I am truly thankful. I can’t wait for the day when we can teach him about how wonderful and fulfilling God is. I can only imagine the man that he can become with God’s love.
"And the child grew and became strong; he was filled with wisdom, and the grace of God was upon him." - Luke 2:40
I want to show him the power of God’s unfailing love, grace, mercy, and forgiveness . . . the list goes on and on. We are so grateful for our incredible blessing given to us. God is faithful. God is good. God is with us no matter what. He always has a plan for us and we are lucky enough to be along to watch Noah grow in faith.
“Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it.” - Proverbs 22:6
We were so excited and happy to celebrate this day. We promise to put God at the center of our home and we will invest time, devotion and prayer to help him develop a relationship with God. The three of us will walk with Christ together. I pray that we can be a good example to him to be godly parents. God has chosen us to be Noah’s mom and dad and for that I am truly thankful. I can’t wait for the day when we can teach him about how wonderful and fulfilling God is. I can only imagine the man that he can become with God’s love.
"And the child grew and became strong; he was filled with wisdom, and the grace of God was upon him." - Luke 2:40
I want to show him the power of God’s unfailing love, grace, mercy, and forgiveness . . . the list goes on and on. We are so grateful for our incredible blessing given to us. God is faithful. God is good. God is with us no matter what. He always has a plan for us and we are lucky enough to be along to watch Noah grow in faith.
It is an honor to have been blessed with the gift of adoption and our incredible story of the power of God in difficult circumstances. God has given us the best five months of our lives.
“I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” – Psalms 139:14

0 comments:
Post a Comment