INSERT ALTERNATIVE TEXT FOR YOUR HEADER IMAGE HERE

Thursday, January 5, 2012

bye bye paci.

on january 3rd, all of noah’s pacifiers went on to the paci fairy. or to wherever all of the paci’s go. I thought he was too young to understand the ‘paci fairy’ so just went with another route. noah was pretty attached to his for sleeping. he never really wanted it unless he was sick. we had been prolonging it but decided it needed to go. I think it is as hard on mommy as well.

 

I stopped on the way home and found some awesome sesame street medals. when I got to mamaw and papaws house, we cut a paci and told him it was broken. he looked at it, got confused and spit it out. when we got home, we did the normal nightly routine and after his bath, I gave him the ‘broken’ paci and told him it was broken. he didn’t seem to care. he knew I was up to something. so when it was time (or honestly about an hour after his normal bedtime of 8:15 because I was prolonging it) we read, we prayed and we rocked in his chair. but before I put him in his crib he kept looking in my mouth to see if I was hiding it. he usually did that at night because it was funny to see mommy with the paci. but this time I put him down and.. not a peep. was it that easy?? ……



+++

no. the next day, he struggled at naptime at mamaw and papaws. he was sad and missed his paci. he barely napped that day. the next few nights have been a little rougher. he runs to where we used to keep them before we go into his room. And he will take advantage of mommy and cry/scream for me to come back which I usually cave in and chill with him for another 30 minutes. but hopefully in the next week or so, he/mommy will get better.


let’s hope so.

 
and here is the first picture with noah and his first paci… 



0 comments:

Post a Comment